How can you not bake something from the Pillsbury Dough Boy? I love him.
I also love my Wilton Mini Muffin pan. It makes everything taste better.
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs sugar (Splenda)
- 2 tbs grated lemon peel (lemon juice)
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Pumpin Quick Bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 1/4 chopped pecans (didn’t use)
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tray or put muffin papers in pan.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
- Empty pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter (adjust for mini-muffin pan). Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
- Add melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes (I baked for 18). Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.
- Eat. Store extras (if there are any) in fridge.