Confession: I didn’t make this, my husband did. It was delicious. He did an awesome job.
Brian had been talking about this recipe for like a month before he finally made it. He started at 4 in the morning. The log of greasy goodness was done way before I woke up! He suggests serving it with scrambled eggs. I would also recommend pancakes and French toast, but mostly because I love them.
- 2lbs of your favorite, thick sliced bacon
- 1 or 1.5 lbs of Italian sausage, mild or spicy, your choice
- Seasoning of choice, we used Cavandars
- BBQ Sauce
- Sliced green pepper
- cookie sheet covered in tinfoil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Weave the bacon 5×5, this will serve as your outer layer. (Weave it like the potholders you made as a child, on the red loom)
- Cook and crumble remaining bacon
- Take weave of bacon, lay flat on cookie sheet/tinfoil. Flatten sausage over the weave. Spread BBQ sauce and season to your liking.
- Lay pepper slices and bacon crumbles on top of sauce.
- Carefully roll the MEAT into a log, with the weave on the outside. Have the seam on the bottom.
- Coat the log with more BBQ and seasoning, to taste.
- Cook 2.5 or 3 hours, use a meat thermometer to test. You want the meat around 165°.